Inaugural Meeting of the Bay of Plenty Branch of the Royal Aeronautical Society
We are forming a new Branch.
We aim to provide a forum for aviation professionals and enthusiasts to network in New Zealand and around the globe. We hold monthly meetings to explore progress in aviation and review its vibrant history.
When: Friday, 7 August 2015 – gather at 5.30pm to start at 6.00pm – first Friday of the month
Where: Classic Flyers, 9 Jean Batten Drive, Mt Maunganui - the ‘Boeing Room’ – on the first floor
- Introductions and acknowledgements
- Keynote address - by Air Vice Marshall Peter Stockwell, OMNZ, AFC, FRAeS, RNZAF (Rtd)
- Plans for the Branch
- In New Zealand, the Society comprises an elected Council with Branches in: Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington, Blenheim and Christchurch
- The Aero Society includes a range of professional members and those with a passion for aviation
- The meeting coincides with the Friday Happy Hour at the AvGas Café and bar at Classic Flyers which offers those attending the opportunity to pick up a drink or snack before the meeting. The assistance of Classic Flyers is gratefully acknowledged in providing the venue at its celebrated aviation museum.
We look forward to welcoming you to this exciting event and hope that you will then decide to join this new aviation focus group in the Bay of Plenty.
For more information, contact Des Underwood, the Convenor of the Bay of Plenty Branch, at:
Email: desunderwood @ gmail.com Mob: 027 452 4767